Sunday 12 September 2010

Pre-operative nerves

The clock is ticking it's way down to midnight whereby I have to be 'nil by mouth'. Tomorrow I have my left shoulder keyhole surgery - I'm treating myself to a night's stay in the private hospital up the road as I don't think I can rely on my husband or daughter to keep an eye on me post operatively!

As I wait, nervously, for the appointed hour I am filled with anxiety - I have been trying to contact my son for nearly 4 weeks now. I have convinced myself that something awful has happened to him, but those nearest and dearest to me say that he is 99.9% likely to be just ignoring me - maybe he has lost his job, finished with his girlfriend, who knows - all I know is that 4 weeks ago tomorrow I spoke to him and offered to pay for urgently needed dental treatment for him which he gladly accepted. All he had to do was book the dentist and speak to me the following weekend to confirm arrangements. Since then I have tried to call him, emailed both is email accounts, left two voicemail messages with his girlfriend and sent him a Skype text message all to no avail - he's 25 but I still worry about him manically!!

Or maybe my heightened anxiety is because I'm a scardy cat about having a general anaesthetic - Jack just gives me an excuse to worry about something else and not admit to my fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment